Friday, January 8, 2016

2 | 0 | 1 | 6

Happy New Year! I love a fresh start to the year. 2016 is already shaping up to be a successful and exciting year. So many weddings to come in the family, friends having babies, new jobs, homes, travels. I don't have any particular resolutions but I am 4 days into the Whole30 and 2 weeks into Kayla Itsines BBG so that has to count for something?

This year, Paul and I also have a new routine together that I'm hoping sticks around for awhile. He's taken up reading since receiving a couple books for Christmas and with El Nino upon us we've been putting our fireplace to use. So each night he'll turn off the TV, make us a fire and we'll sit have "quiet time." I love it so much! I don't currently have a book I'm reading so I'll usually fill the time with little work to-do's like updating our business blog, write up a contract, reply to a couple emails...but tonight I took the time to write out thank you cards from the holidays. It was so therapeutic and really nice in the ambiance of the fire and complete quiet. We had taken Arthur to Petco earlier in the day so there was the occasional squeaky from his new toy, ha.
Via Free People


Our TV tends to be on almost all the time (mainly ESPN). Sometimes just in the background because we forget to turn it off. I never realized how much I bothered me until this new quiet time that we set aside. I struggle with anxiety from time to time and this has helped me so much! We'll sometimes turn on music, but mainly just enjoy the sound of the fire! Paul has even noticed how much easier it is to go to bed now. His mind isn't as busy and I can totally relate. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a better way to wind down before bed! Cheers to a new year and new routines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment